3 weeks and counting!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:47 AM Posted by Brittany Sumrall
Today my application was officially approved by the Assemblies of God World Missions department so I can for sure leave May 18th! Such a relief. Needless to say, things have been less than slow around here as graduation approaches (in a week) and fundraising continues. On that note, thank you to all that have financially donated to my trip! Words cannot express my thanks to you in helping me accomplish my dreams.

I have been thinking a lot lately about God’s perfect timing in our lives. Relationships. Finances. Jobs. You name it. God will always have the best timing for specific things in our life, and most often it’s not on the timetable we have established for ourselves. If you were to have asked me 4 months ago what I was doing after I graduated, it would have been in a completely different direction than I am heading now. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven…” How many times do we worry ourselves sick over things God is already taking care of? How much do we truly trust Him?

I had a pastor tell me once that trying to plan out your future on your own is like standing really close to a painting at a museum. You can only see what is right before you. But take a few steps back, let God intervene, and a much bigger picture is revealed. I’m a planner type of person so I am always thinking to the future and trying to figure out where I am going next. Throughout these past few months, I’ve really seen why God only reveals one step at a time to me… so that I will continue to live by faith! So rest assured, friends, that in His timing He will provide!

0 Response to "3 weeks and counting!"

Post a Comment